Whether you are 18 months old or 88 years old, the Ballard & Shoreline Academy has a music program for you!
We offer fun, interactive group classes for babies and children, as well as private lessons in piano, guitar, voice, violin and almost every other popular instrument, all taught by our incredible university trained instructors. And you can start at any time of the year as we don't have cut off dates!
Music Fun Time is an internationally acclaimed early childhood music program based on John Hopkins Research!
Private lessons are available for voice, piano, guitar, violin, saxophone, drums, trumpet, ukulele, clarinet, flute and more!
We are glad to help. Give us a call any time at (206) 240-3408 or click here to contact us by email.
Why choose the Ballard & Shoreline Academy? What sets us apart?
Thousands of students have passed through our doors since our grand opening in 2010. Students drive from as far away as Northbend, Bellevue, Mercer Island, Shoreline, Fremont, Greenwood, Queen Anne and Magnolia to study at our Academy. Here are a few of the things that our students love about the Ballard & Shoreline Academy:
- Focus on teaching: All we do is teach. We do not sell or rent instruments or music. This leaves us free to specialize in one thing - providing high quality music instruction.
- University trained instructors: Our instructors are highly qualified and many have extensive performance experience. Most importantly, our instructors strive to relate their teaching to each individual student's learning style. And just to be safe, all of our instructors have undergone criminal background checks so you can peace of mind.
- Low pressure (optional) student recitals: Recitals are held at least twice a year, and are free of charge. These low pressure, optional student recitals provide students with performance experience, build confidence, and provide a goal to work towards.
- Professional facilities: Our music studios are sound dampened with resilient air channels in the walls to increase sound proofing! And all of our doors have windows in them so you can check in on your child.
- Distraction free learning environment: Our academy is free from the distractions present in home lessons and lessons offered in the back of noisy music stores.
- Group make-up labs: If you can't make it to your lesson, no worries. We offer fun packed monthly group makeup's so you never have to stress about losing momentum due to illness.
- Students are able to choose from pop, jazz or classical instruction: Our instructors have extensive training in a variety of musical styles so that our students can study the type of music they love.
- Choice of more than 1 teacher for each instrument to fit your child’s personality and learning style: We want to make sure you find the right instructor for you or your child.
- Ability to schedule private lessons for 2 or more family members at the same time: Avoid hours of waiting and driving to different lesson providers each month!
- Desk staff always available to assist you: We have front desk staff on hand during all teaching hours, every day
- Students or parents are never required to fund raise for studio events
- Ability to take dance classes at the same location and save travel time between activities: Many of our Academy families have multiple siblings (and even parents) in lessons at the same time!
Ready to take the next step? Click here To contact us about lessons!